Monday, July 13, 2009

Okay, okay, I get it. Sort of.

I have never really taken much interest in sports. I've even had a hard time respecting that they exist and people put so much stock in them. The last few years I've starting peaking around at them, again. Giving things a try, an'that. I've learned these things: I like basketball. I like soccer. I like Tennis. And I like the food at baseball games. I also enjoy the hell out of watching Oliver try something physically demanding, and nailing it. Here are some pictures of him from this weekend. In the first few my friend Christen is showing him how to shoot a basketball and the last is of him playing dodge-ball (DODGEBALL!) with about 70 adults and holding his own. When I looked over and saw him in the ring my first thought was ohshitohshitohshit. smear the queer. he's fucked. and I ran over and told him to hide behind a pole until everyone was out. I mean, I've got a lot riding on this kid. He did awesome, though, and played until 10:30 at night. He was really proud of himself. Which is a big step for the boy with the thorn in his side.




3 comments:

Sangster said...

I love your kid.

Unknown said...

my kid is kindof the shit.

Kai said...

Can I train him to be a soldier in my ultimate frisbee army? Or is he gay enough without my intervention?